Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Hottest Day!

Oh my goodness. Today we tracked drums in Mike's garage (oh yeah, I forgot to mention that we began recording out "long awaited" album again) despite today's sweltering daytime high temperature. I don't know how hot it actually got today, but let me tell you, when I got home this evening, it was 81 degrees, and I was about to put on a jacket. Despite the warm temperatures, Mike still played very on point, and thankfully my MacBook was able to capture it! Whew!

Anyway, so for the past month or so, me and the band have renewed our pursuit of recording our album. We have 11 songs slated to be recorded, which for any single DIY project, is pretty large for us. Six months ago, we attempted a similar though smaller project, which we weren't entirely prepared to do, especially myself, the recording engineer. Now coming back to the recording process we're much more rehearsed, and as an engineer, much more open minded and have a little bit more experience to draw from. So come back in the coming days for pictures of the sessions...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment